About This Place
Hinckley is a town in Millard County, Utah, United States, in the middle of the Sevier Desert. Irrigation water from the Sevier River, passing nearby, has been used to turn Hinckley into a farming oasis. The mountains that are common in Utah, are seen only in the distance, and beyond the reach of the river, a severe desert prevails. The population was 698 at the 2000 census.
Hinckley was first settled by Erastus F. Pack, a son of John Pack. The area was part of the LDS Deseret Ward until 1891 when that ward was split and the area now known as Hinckley was made the Hinckley Ward, named after Ira N. Hinckley. George Theobald surveyed the town and divided it into 14 blocks of 5 acres each.
Hinckley is located at 39°19′42″N 112°40′20″W / 39.32833°N 112.67222°W / 39.32833; -112.67222 (39.328466, -112.672277).