Sperryville is a census-designated place (CDP) in Rappahannock County, Virginia, United States. The population as of the 2010 Census was 342.
Located in the southeast section of Rappahannock County, Virginia along the Thornton River ; Sperryville was laid out by Francis Thornton, Jr. in 1817. For most of the early 19th century Conestoga wagons were built by John Kiger. By the 1850, Sperryville boasted two turnpikes: Thornton's Gap and Sperryville & Rappahannock. In the 1860's the Smoot family of Alexandria build a tannery on the Thornton River that closed by 1911. By that time Sperryville had grown to 350 residents with four churches, five general stores, one hotel, six mills, shops, and a masonic hall. The Historic District of Sperryville is listed on the Virginia Landmarks Registry and the National Register of Historic Places.