Troutville is a town in Botetourt County, Virginia, United States. The population was 432 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Roanoke Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The town of Troutville was established in 1956. In 1881, this area had no name. The railroad came through and a station was built. There were three houses then which were occupied by the brothers John, Jim, and George Trout - so the area was called Troutsville. It became an important shipping center in the 1890s. In 1895, Troutville was a thriving town with a very active shipping point, good farming, busy canneries, packing houses and factories. The name of the town was later changed to Troutville.
Troutville is located at 37°24′55″N 79°52′37″W / 37.415406°N 79.876967°W / 37.415406; -79.876967 (37.415406, -79.876967).