Richmond is a town in Chittenden County, Vermont, United States. The population was 4,090 at the 2000 census. Local students attend Mount Mansfield Union High School, Camel's Hump Middle School, And Richmond Elementary School. Mount Mansfield Union High is in the neighboring town of Jericho.
Settlement was first attempted in 1775 by Amos Brownson and John Chamberlain with their families, but they abandoned it that fall until after the close of the Revolutionary War. In the spring of 1784 they returned, now accompanied by others. Richmond was incorporated by the General Assembly on October 27, 1794, then organized in 1795. The Winooski River and Huntington River provided sites for water mills, and various industries manufactured wagons, harness, tinware, brass, cabinet work and wooden ware. By 1859, the population was 1,453.
Richmond is noted for the Round Church, a rare 16-sided meetinghouse built in 1812-1813.