About This Place
Odessa is a town in Lincoln County, Washington, United States. The population was 910 at the 2010 census.
George Finney first settled on the site of Odessa in 1886. He platted Odessa in the summer of 1899 after the Great Northern Railway had built its line through the valley in 1892. The railroad siding was named Odessa Siding by railroad surveyors after Odessa, then in southern Russia, because of the German-speaking Russian wheat farmers in the area. The post office was established in June 1898. The first store was opened in 1898 by J.B. Ziegler and W.N. Schoonover. After the train depot was built in 1900, the town grew rapidly. By 1904 the town had grown from 30 to 800 people.
Odessa was officially incorporated on September 25, 1902.