Stanwood is a city in Snohomish County, Washington, United States. The population was 6,231 at the 2010 census.
Stanwood was first settled in 1866 by Robert Fulton. Stanwood's Post Office was established as Centerville in 1870, and the name was changed to Stanwood in 1877 by D.O. Pearson after his wife's maiden name. Stanwood was officially incorporated on October 19, 1903 and grew at the mouth of the Stillaguamish River one mile west of the 1891 Seattle-Montana Great Northern Railway tracks. East Stanwood (along the railroad tracks) was platted in 1906 and incorporated in 1922. The two towns consolidated in 1960.
Two buildings in Stanwood are on the National Register of Historic Places: