Almond is a village in Portage County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 459 in the 2000 census.
Incorporated in 1905, the town originated when Jacob Meyers from Mohawk Valley, New York, started a stagecoach and freight route between Berlin and Stevens Point. He needed a stop for the horses between route so he set up a barn and inn on the site of what is now Almond. The U.S. government signed a treaty with the Menominee Indians ceding land in central Wisconsin in 1848, which opened up the area to settlement. A post office was established on July 8, 1850, at the stagecoach stop. James F. Moore, a native of Almond N.Y., became postmaster.