About This Place
Black Creek is a village in Outagamie County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,316 at the 2010 census. The village is located within the Town of Black Creek.
The village of Black Creek was founded by Abraham Lincoln Burdick and Thomas Jefferson Burdick in 1862, and incorporated as a village in 1904. The community had been known as Middleburg until 1872, when its name was changed to reflect the dark-colored creek at the edge of the village. In 1962 a Centennial celebration was held and a Sesquicentennial celebration is planned for June, 2012.