About This Place
Blanchardville is a village in Iowa and Lafayette Counties in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The population was 806 at the 2000 census.
The Iowa County portion of Blanchardville is part of the Madison Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The community was originally settled by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Strangite) in the early 1840s, who named it Zarahemla. The Mormon settlers mined lead ore and farmed. Blanchardville's first mill was built in 1840.