Rosholt is a village in Portage County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 518 at the 2000 census.
The person recorded as first owning the land on which Rosholt sits is Gottlieb Stanbly. Stanbly received four 40-acre (160,000 m2) parcels directly from the U.S. Government on May 10, 1858 because he was a veteran. Gottlieb Stanbly sold the land to Theodor Stanbly in 1861 for $430 when Gottlieb left the area to fight in the Civil War. Theodor sold the land to Jens Rasmussen in 1867 for $400. Rasmussen created a millpond by damming Flume Creek, and built a water-driven feed mill sometime between 1867 and 1881. John Gilbert (J.G.) Rosholt built the first sawmill in town on the east end of the millpond in 1884, after making a deal to share water rights with Rasmussen. J.G. Rosholt’s first mill burned in 1901, but it was rebuilt later that year and into 1902. The first survey and platting of Rosholt was done on June 1, 1903 at J.G. Rosholt’s request. Rosholt was incorporated in 1907 and was named after J.G. Rosholt, who was elected the first village president on April 7, 1908.
Rosholt is located at 44°37′50″N 89°18′27″W / 44.63056°N 89.3075°W / 44.63056; -89.3075 (44.630421, -89.307414).