One of the best things about walking through the streets of Brooklyn is seeing all the amazing street art on buildings and walls around the borough. Many of the murals and stencils feature interesting colors and characters that’ll make you want to stop and stare at them for a while. Going on a scavenger hunt of Brooklyn street art can be a fun pastime, so here are a few places to find these creative murals.
1. Loyal Royal: Created by Australian artist Daek William, this mural is part of the Bushwick Collective outdoor street gallery. It features a woman with full red lips and some interesting headgear, along with a banner that reads “Loyal Royal.” Directions.
2. Woody Allen: This stencil of Woody Allen was created by Parisian artist C215, also known as Christian Guémy. It lives on a fire box in Williamsburg. Directions.
3. Never Let Go: Possibly the most symbolic mural on this list, this piece was created by artist Joe Lurato. It literally jumps off the wall. Directions.
4. Handshake: Will you notice the guns or the hot pink color first? This mural was created by Puerto-Rican artist Bikismo. Directions.
5. Spread Love – It’s the Brooklyn Way!: This mural has a very 70s vibe to it with vibrant colors, hibiscus flowers and big cursive text. Directions.
6. Spongebob Plasters Mickey Mouse: This piece features Spongebob Squarepants squashing Mickey Mouse. Super creative and very funny, but gosh, poor Mickey. Directions.
7. Life Is Beautiful: Painted on the side of a luxury apartment building, this mural is a tribute to engineer John Roebling. It features black and white photos of the Roebling family and the words “Life is Beautiful” in dripping pink paint. Directions.
8. Pabst Goddess: Featuring one of Cernesto’s recurring street art characters, this mural is quite impressive with it’s depiction of what looks to be a woman holding Pabst Blue Ribbon beers in three of her four arms, and another with her foot. Directions.
9. The JakeWalk. Located on the side of wine bar The JakeWalk in Carroll Gardens, this piece features a fun stick figure-looking guy with a top hat and a cane. Perfect place to end your scavenger hunt and head inside for a drink!