Backed by the legendary band Asleep at the Wheel and Ray Benson, The Texas Dance Hall Tour has set out to bring the truest form of the dance hall experience there is. With the Texas Dance Hall Tour guests will get to experience:
- Touring the dance halls and learning more about the history from members of Texas Dance Hall Preservation
- Dance hall concerts featuring a range of notable Western Swing, Ameripolitan and Texas artists
- Dance lessons: Learn how to two-step across the historic floors of the halls
- Texas style dinners
- Various daytime activities in each town, including a tour of Buggy Barn, which features over 140 buggies dating back to the 1860s and a visit to a Texas whiskey distillery
- All accommodations provided with a stress-free booking experience
- Shuttles provided to concerts and daytime activities
Texans have an unbreakable bond with their state and people all over the world are fascinated by the culture and tech-savvy cities like Austin. But, you don’t really know the true charm of Texas until you dig into its core—the back roads and tiny towns where country music and romance once spewed out of our historic dance halls. That’s the experience the Texas Dance Hall Tour will provide guests this spring. This is the brainchild of Ray Benson as a way to shed a light on dance halls that never get the exposure they should — while raising funds for the restoration of these halls across the state. Our state once had over 1000+ dance halls and today we only have 400!
There are great package options for those wanting the full week-long experience to weekend getaway packages for locals just looking to try something new.