Shungnak (Isiŋnaq or Nuurviuraq in Iñupiaq) is a city in Northwest Arctic Borough, Alaska, United States. At the 2000 census the population was 256.
The village of Kochuk, later renamed Shungnak, was settled in the 1920s. The original village of Kobuk, settled in 1899 and situated about 10 miles upstream, was largely abandoned due to flooding. A few residents remain at Kobuk. The name "Shungnak" is derived from the Eskimo term "issingnak", which means jade, a stone found in the surrounding area.
The first postmaster at Shungnak was Martin F. Moran, appointed September 24, 1903.