Valley Springs, CA
Valley Springs (formerly, Spring Valley and Valley Spring) is a census-designated place (CDP) in Calaveras County, California, United States. The population was 3,553 at the 2010 census, up from 2,560 at the 2000 census. The town is located at the intersection of State Route 12 and Route 26. It is registered as California Historical Landmark #251.
In 1885 the San Joaquin and Sierra Nevada Railroad completed a narrow-gauge railroad from Brack's Landing to Valley Springs. The line eventually became the property of Southern Pacific Railroad, and a standard-gauge line into Valley Springs was substituted.
A post office was opened here in 1872, closed in 1879, and re-established in 1882.