Champion Industrial Contractors was started in 1933 with three men led by George Hansen. Originally, the firm was plumbing, sheet metal and electrical contracting company. In 1946, James C. Champion straight out of the Navy Seabees and World War II, and as a certified welder went to work as an apprentice sheet metal worker and worked his way up through the company. Mr. Champion became President of the Company in 1963, when two other employees and four investors bought the business. The Champion family became sole owners in 1974 and in 1987 the name was changed to Champion Industrial Contractors. The company s facilities include 67,000 square feet for fabrication and support activities. Its fabrication facility houses HVAC ductwork, specialty sheet metal and piping prefabrication operations.