C H Bull Co.

229 Utah Ave
South San Francisco CA 94080
1 Reviews
{{::location.tagLine.value.text}}

Sponsored Topics

Opening Hours

  • Mon: 8am-5pm
  • Tue: 8am-5pm
  • Wed: 8am-5pm
  • Thu: 8am-5pm
  • Fri: 8am-5pm

See a problem? Let us know!
C. H. Bull CoC. H. Bull Company was founded in 1930 by Charles H. Bull as the San Francisco distributor for Buda Company of Harvey, Illionis, manufacturers of gasoline and diesel engines, jacks and railroad equipment. During the early years automotive oil filters and friction materials were added along with a shop for wholesale automotive and truck brake shoe and drum work. The company was named one of the first representatives for Young Radiator Company in 1934.Son Charles E. Bull and Son-in-law Harry Sheppard joined the company in the late 1940's following their World War II service in the Marine Corp and Navy. In 1956, founder Charles H. Bull died at the age of 76. He left the company a legacy of honesty and integrity in business and responsiveness to customer needs.Both sales and personnel grew in the 1950's. More contractor related lines were added including Barco Gasoline Hammers and Rammers and Simplex/Pine jacks. During this formative period we recognized the need for a "System" approach to many of our customer's needs. High tonnage, high pressure jacking systems were bought or rented by such customers as CalTrans, Bechtel, Bigge and many of the contractors in the early phase of BART construction.A systems approach was also applied to heat exchange equipment for cooling the new high powered electronic devices such as the Varian Klystrons being used for satellite communications.We soon outgrew our San Francisco facilities and in 1966 moved to a new building in South San Francisco Industrial Park. With the additions of top lines, qualified personnel and a major commitment to inventory, the growth continued.