Laton is a census-designated place (CDP) in Fresno County, California, United States. The population was 1,824 at the 2010 census, up from 1,236 at the 2000 census. Laton is located 23 miles (37 km) south-southeast of Fresno, at an elevation of 259 feet (79 m).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 1.9 square miles (5.0 km²), all of it land.
Laton's first post office opened in 1900, having been transferred from Lillis. The name honors Charles A. Laton, who owned the Rancho Laguna de Tache Mexican land grant.