Kremmling is a Statutory Town in Grand County, Colorado, United States. The population was 1,578 at the 2000 census. The town sits along the upper Colorado River in the lower arid section of Middle Park between Byers Canyon and Gore Canyon. The town was founded in 1881 during the Colorado Silver Boom days, but the lack of mineral resources in the nearby mountains made the town grow very slowly in the early days.
The area started as a general store run by a man named Rudolph "Kare" Kremmling. He had his store on the north side of Muddy Creek. In 1881 two brothers, Aaron and John Kinsey, made part of their ranch into a town and called it Kinsey City. Kare moved his store across the river to the new site and soon people were calling this place Kremmling. The original post office was called Kinsey City and ran from 1881 to 1885 with Kare Kremmling the first Post Master. The name Kremmling was not officially recognized until 1895. After the Moffat railroad, the Denver, Northwestern & Pacific, arrived in July 1906, Kremmling became the county's central shipping point. It was incorporated May 14, 1904. In the 20th century, ranching became the main industry in the valley in the vicinity of the town.
Kremmling is located at 40°3′26″N 106°23′9″W / 40.05722°N 106.38583°W / 40.05722; -106.38583 (40.057240, -106.385896).