Gould Manor Park

655 Holland Hill Rd
Fairfield CT 06824

Sponsored Topics

See a problem? Let us know!
<p>Gould Manor Park, 13.2 acres at 655 Holland Hill Road, includes two Little League fields, playground equipment installed by Safe Parks and Recreation for Kids, a local non-profit organization, in 2003, tennis courts, three picnic areas&nbsp;with grills, and restrooms.</p> <p>The park also has a pond that is used by the Police Athletic League for its fishing derby in the spring, and, in the winter, by Fairfield residents for ice skating. The town advises residents when the pond is safe to be skated on.</p> <p>Regulations of the town's Parks and Recreation Department state that use of fields by any group of eight or more people where four or more are at least 18 years old and that is engaged in a recreational event requires a permit from the Parks and Recreation Department. Permits will only be granted when at least 80 percent of the group are permanent Fairfield residents.</p> <p>Priority in granting permits is given, in the following order, to: Fairfield Parks and Recreation Department-sponsored activities; Fairfield public school-sponsored activities; youth and adult leagues and activities that consist of all Fairfield residents; any other youth and adult league or activity at the discretion of the Parks and Recreation Department.</p> <p>People who do not have a permit for use of the field must give way to permit holders.</p> <p>Team, league and tournament play is permitted only on a reservation basis. Residents can make a reservation by calling the Parks and Recreation Department at 203-256-3191.</p> <p>The field usage fee for&nbsp;special events, such as fairs, festivals, programs, specialty shows, camps, clinics, lessons/specialty coaches and&nbsp;tournaments, is $50 per hour.</p> <p>The regulations also say that any field can be closed by Gerald Lombardo, director of the Parks and Recreation Department, at any time and to any activity.</p> <p>Residents can use the tennis courts on a drop-in basis or by calling the Parks and Recreation Department to reserve them. People with reservations have access to the courts before people without reservations. Residents can reserve two hours of court time a week, up to a week in advance, from May 1 through Sept. 30. There is no fee to reserve a court.</p> <p>Residents also can reserve use of a picnic area by calling the Parks and Recreation Department, and permits will be granted to groups that are at least 75 percent Fairfield residents. One permit per day is allowed.</p> <p>Gould Manor Park is located just under a bridge from The Home Depot.</p>