Sturges Park

550 Mill Plain Rd
Fairfield CT 06824

Sponsored Topics

See a problem? Let us know!
<p>Sturges Park, 12.5 acres at 550 Mill Plain Road, is next to the Ludlowe campus, which includes Roger Ludlowe Middle School and Fairfield Ludlowe High School.</p> <p>Sturges Park includes a softball field and full-sized multi-purpose playing field and is a popular venue for sledding in the winter due to the hill that leads from the school buildings down to the park.</p> <p>The softball field is used by Fairfield Ludlowe High School's girls softball team, and requests to use the field during that team's season can be made by calling the Board of Education's Reservations Department at 203-255-8374. When the team's softball season is over, use of the field can be requested by calling the Parks and Recreation Department at 203-256-3191.</p> <p>The field, due to its size, can be used only by youth softball teams.</p> <p>The multi-purpose field is used by the Board of Education for football, lacrosse and soccer. Requests to use that field can be made by calling the Board of Education's Reservations Department at 203-255-8374.</p> <p>Parks and Recreation Department regulations require, for fields under that department's jurisdiction, that a permit be obtained before the field can be used any group of eight or more people where four or more are at least 18 years old and that is engaged in a recreational event. Permits will only be granted when at least 80 percent of the group are permanent Fairfield residents.</p> <p>Priority in granting permits is given, in the following order, to: Fairfield Parks and Recreation Department-sponsored activities, Fairfield public school-sponsored activities; youth and adult leagues and activities that consist of all Fairfield residents; any other youth and adult league or activity at the discretion of the Parks and Recreation Department.</p> <p>People who do not have a permit for use of the field must give way to permit holders.</p> <p>Team, league and tournament play is permitted only on a reservation basis. Residents can make a reservation by calling the Parks and Recreation Department.</p> <p>The field usage fee for&nbsp;special events, such as fairs, festivals, programs, lessons/specialty coaches and specialty shows, and special athletic events, such as camps and clinics, is $50 per hour.</p>