Established in 1946, the West Stafford Fire Department works for the preservation and protection of life and property and offers a range of fire prevention and suppression services. It provides emergency medical and rescue solutions. The department also offers fire safety education services to the general public. The West Stafford Fire Department operates a decontamination unit and provides mutual aid and support solutions. It employs a staff of captains, chiefs, firefighters and lieutenants. The department maintains a fleet of engines, trucks and tankers. The West Stafford Fire Department is a member of the National Fire Protection Association, International Association of Fire Chiefs, Connecticut Firefighters Association and Tolland County Search and Rescue. Located in Stafford Springs, Conn., the department organizes a range of fundraising activities.