See a problem? Let us know!
The area is located in the Nichols section of Trumbull, Connecticut in New England. The Nichols section, named for the family who maintained a farm in its center, was organized as the village of Unity in 1725 and as North Stratford in 1744.
The territory that is today known as Nichol's Farms, was originally entirely a part of Stratford (settled in 1639) and was governed by Stratford for eighty six years before Unity was organized in 1725. Hence, all of Nichols Farms history and whatever public records there are related to it, are intermingled with and identified as Stratford records. The village of Unity (later called North Stratford) continued for seventy two years before the privileges of a town were granted in 1797.