Owen Fish Park

1443 Stratfield Rd
Fairfield CT 06825

Sponsored Topics

See a problem? Let us know!
<p>Owen Fish Park, an 11-acre park at 1443 Stratfield Road, includes a baseball diamond; softball diamond; tennis court; playground equipment installed by Safe Parks and Recreation for Kids, a local, non-profit organization, in 1998; a picnic area; ice skating pond;&nbsp;and restrooms. The softball diamond cannot be used if the baseball diamond is in use.</p> <p>The park was named after the only Fairfield resident to be killed in action in World War II and also is home to the American Legion Lt. Owen Fish Memorial Post 143.</p> <p>Regulations of the town's Parks and Recreation Department state that use of town fields by any group of eight or more people where four or more are at least 18 years old and that is engaged in a recreational event requires a permit from the Parks and Recreation Department. Permits will only be granted when at least 80 percent of the group are permanent Fairfield residents.</p> <p>Priority in granting permits is given, in the following order, to: Fairfield Parks and Recreation Department-sponsored activities; Fairfield public school-sponsored activities; youth and adult leagues and activities that consist of all Fairfield residents; any other youth and adult league or activity at the discretion of the Parks and Recreation Department.</p> <p>People who do not have a permit for use of the field must give way to permit holders.</p> <p>Team, league and tournament play is permitted only on a reservation basis. Residents can make a reservation by calling the Parks and Recreation Department at 203-256-3191.</p> <p>The field usage fee for&nbsp;special events, such as fairs, festivals, programs, specialty shows, camps, clinics, lessons/specialty coaches and&nbsp;tournaments, is $50 per hour.</p> <p>The regulations also say that any field can be closed by Gerald Lombardo, director of the Parks and Recreation Department, at any time and to any activity.</p> <p>Residents can use the tennis courts on a drop-in basis or can reserve them, from May 1 through Sept. 30,&nbsp;by calling the Parks and Recreation Department at 203-256-3191. Residents may reserve two hours of court time per week, up to a week in advance, and there is no fee for making the reservation.</p> <p>Residents can reserve the picnic areas by calling the Parks and Recreation Department. Permits will only be given to groups who are at least 75 percent Fairfield residents. Only one permit per day is allowed, and alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the park.</p> <p>People interested in renting the American Legion building should call 203-374-8363.</p>