Mount Vernon Square, DC
Mount Vernon Square is bounded on the east by 7th Street, N.W.; on the west by 9th Street, N.W.; on the north by Mount Vernon Place; and on the south by a two-block section of K Street that is slightly offset from the rest of K Street.
On the north side of the square is the new Walter E. Washington Convention Center, the second largest building in the city, after the U.S. Capitol complex. On the south side is the Techworld office development, and on the east, offices of National Public Radio. In the center of the square is the Historical Society of Washington, D.C. The white marble building, finished in 1903, was originally the District of Columbia Public Library, a gift of Andrew Carnegie. Washington's Chinatown is centered two blocks to the south. The closest Metro station is Mt Vernon Sq/7th St-Convention Center. The giant marble Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church is another landmark.