Milton is a town in Sussex County, Delaware, in the United States. The population was 2,576 at the 2010 census, an increase of 55.5% over the previous decade. It is part of the Seaford, Delaware Micropolitan Statistical Area. Delaware Route 5 passes through Milton.
Located at the head of the Broadkill River, Milton was first settled in 1672 by English Colonists. The town was known by various names until 1807, when it was named for the English poet, John Milton. The Delaware General Assembly passed the charter that recognized The Town of Milton as a municipality in 1945.
History and Milton's shipbuilding heritage remain very important to the town, which is home to some of the finest Victorian and Colonial architecture in Delaware. Many of the homes have been restored to their original form, particularly those on Union and Federal streets.