Wilmington Friends School, founded in 1748, is a Quaker school offering educational instruction to students in grades kindergarten through 12. The school was established in the meeting house of the Wilmington Society of Friends on land donated by William and Elizabeth Shipley, who immigrated from Canada in 1742. Wilmington Friends School is still under the care of the meeting and is legally owned by Wilmington Monthly Meeting. The school participates in the International Baccalaureate diploma program. It also offers summer and after-school programs, financial aid to eligible students and organizes summer camps. Wilmington Friends School is located in Wilmington, Del.