North Miami Beach, FL
North Miami Beach (commonly referred to as NMB) is a Miami suburban city in Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States. Originally named Fulford in 1926 after Captain William H. Fulford of the United States Coast Guard, the city was incorporated in 1927 as Fulford, but was renamed North Miami Beach in 1931. The population was 40,786 at the 2000 census. As of 2007, the population recorded by the U.S. Census Bureau is 38,201.
North Miami Beach is located at 25°55′49″N 80°10′1″W / 25.93028°N 80.16694°W / 25.93028; -80.16694 . According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 5.3 square miles (13.7 km²). 5.0 square miles (12.8 km²) of it is land and 0.3 square miles (0.9 km²) of it (6.43%) is water.
Although the North Miami Beach boundaries once stretched to the Atlantic Ocean, this city on the Intracoastal Waterway no longer has any beaches within its city limits, although they are a short distance away across the inlet.