Valrico is an unincorporated census-designated place in Hillsborough County, Florida, United States. The population was 6,582 at the 2000 census.
Valrico began as a region of cotton plantations known as Long Pond. The arrival of the Florida Central and Peninsular Railroad in 1890 brought many new immigrants from points north. William G. Tousey, a philosophy professor from Tufts College, gave the community its current name, Spanish for "rich valley".
Valrico is located at 27°56′27″N 82°14′33″W / 27.94083°N 82.2425°W / 27.94083; -82.2425 (27.940774, -82.242551).