Florida is in the southeastern part of the United States. It is bordered by the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Florida Straits. The highest point in Florida is Britton Hill, a 345 foot hill in northern Walton County near the town of Lakewood. It is the shortest of the highest points in all other states. Florida has a lot of water around it. The Gulf Stream ocean current goes through the Atlantic Ocean near the east coast of Florida, so the water is warmer than the Pacific Ocean. The Gulf of Mexico is on the west coast of Florida. In the center of southern Florida is a large lake called Lake Okeechobee. A lot of south Florida is covered by a swamp known as the Everglades. Florida is a top tourist state with the lowest tax burden of any state in the US. They have beautiful beaches, famous amusement parks, mineral springs, and cities with super fun nightlife like Miami and Key West.
The largest cities on the Florida map are Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, and St. Petersburg. Find directions to Florida, browse local businesses, landmarks, get current traffic estimates, road conditions, and more.
What is the capital of Florida on a map?
Where is Florida in USA map?
What city is at the tip of Florida?
What is Florida most known for?
What countries are near Florida?
- 10 Things to See and Do in Key West, Florida
- 7 Top Cheese Shops in South Florida
- Top Music Festivals In Florida
- The Best Kayaking in Florida A Paddling Guide To The 10 Must-See Spots
- Driving Discovery Cruise Through The Florida Keys
- The Snorkeling Guide to Florida 10 Spots for Underwater Exploring
- 7 Must Have Experiences in The Florida Keys
- Incredible Historic Hotels In Florida
- Gibtown Where Circus Folk Went to Retire