Acworth is a city in Cobb County, Georgia, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 20,425. Acworth is located in the foothills of the North Georgia mountains along the southeastern banks of Lake Acworth and Lake Allatoona on the Etowah River.
Acworth's nickname is "The Lake City." Acworth Beach is located on nearby Lake Allatoona and Lake Acworth. The city is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area.
Prior to 1840, the town was known as "Andersonville". From 1840 to 1843, it was known as "Northcutt Station", after the first railroad station master Alfred Northcutt.