Ringgold is a city in Catoosa County, Georgia, United States. The population was 2,422 at the 2000 census. The city is the county seat of Catoosa County. Ringgold is part of the Chattanooga, TN–GA Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The city was incorporated on December 18, 1847 and was named after Samuel Ringgold, a hero of the Battle of Palo Alto in the U.S.-Mexican War.
Ringgold is where the The General locomotive stopped during the Great Locomotive Chase on April 12, 1862. Ringgold is also home to the historic Ringgold Depot which still contains bullet marks from the American Civil War.