Historic Wade Plantation was established in 1823 by a Methodist preacher, the Reverend Peyton Lisby Wade. The plantation began as 2, 523 acres located on the Savannah River and on Captaint Wade's death in 1886 totaled 10, 000 acres. Today Wade Plantation has grown to over 22, 000 acres. We are rapidly becoming one of the South's top pecan producers with over 1, 400 acres of orchards. Our top pecan varieties, the Desirable and the Cape Fear are used in our mail order program. Our mail order program began in 1997 when we sold only in shell pecans and raw halves and pieces. Over the years we have added to our product line offering a variety of candies and gifts. Today we shell our own pecans and do much of the cooking and flavoring on location. Our standards are high and we are committed to providing the highest quality products and gifts available on the market today.