North Liberty, IA
North Liberty is a city in Johnson County, Iowa, United States. It is a suburb of Iowa City and part of the Iowa City Metropolitan Statistical Area.
As of the 2010 census, the city population was 13,374. A special census taken by the city in 2004 counted 7,224 residents, while the Census Bureau's estimated 2007 population for North Liberty was 10,982.. From 2000 to 2010, North Liberty was the second-fastest growing town in Iowa.
The North Liberty area was first settled in 1838 by John Gaylor and Alonzo C. Dennison. It was originally known as "Big Bottom" or "North Bend" (in reference to its location near the bend of the Iowa River) by its earliest settlers and was later known as "Squash Bend" before the city was platted as North Liberty in 1857.