Orange City, IA
Orange City is a city in and the county seat of Sioux County, Iowa, United States. The population was 6,004 in the 2010 census, an increase from 5,582 in the 2000 census. Named after William of Orange, it is best known for its Dutch background, which it celebrates with an annual Tulip Festival for 3 days every May. Many of the city's buildings are faced with Dutch architectural fronts.
Orange City was first called Holland and was later renamed in honor of Dutch royalty. The city was founded in 1870 by settlers from Pella, Iowa looking for cheaper and better land.
As the county seat of Sioux County, the city is the location of the Sioux County Courthouse, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.