Beecher is a village in Will County, Illinois, United States. It is located on the old Chicago and Eastern Illinois Railroad and the Dixie Highway. Situated in the center of Washington Township, it was originally named Washington Center. The population was 4,359 at the 2010 census. Named for Henry Ward Beecher, Beecher was founded in 1870 and incorporated as a village in 1884. Originally governed by a village president and board of trustees, in 1988 a village administrator was hired to handle daily tasks. The city clerk is an appointed position.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 2.1 square miles (5.5 km²), all of it land. The majority of the village is in Section 16 of Washington Township.
A branch of Trim Creek runs through it but this carries very little water most of the year.