Bluford is a village in Jefferson County, Illinois, in the United States. As of the 2000 census, the village population was 785. It is part of the Mount Vernon Micropolitan Statistical Area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.5 square miles (3.8 km²), of which, 1.5 square miles (3.8 km²) of it is land and 0.68% is water.
The town of Bluford was named after Bluford "Bluf" Green (1868–1912) when he was a smallbboy by his father Wiley Green (1835–1878), who was the local justice of the peace.