Compton is a village in Lee County, Illinois, United States. The population was 303 at the 2010 census, down from 347 at the 2000 census.
A post office at the site of Compton opened on May 18, 1841; it was named Melugin Grove after the village's first settler, Zachariah Melugin. The village's name was changed to Compton on July 16, 1873, after Joel Compton..
Compton is located at 41°41′39″N 89°5′10″W / 41.69417°N 89.08611°W / 41.69417; -89.08611 (41.694222, -89.086006).