Sidell is a village in Sidell Township, Vermilion County, Illinois, United States. It is part of the 'Danville, Illinois Metropolitan Statistical Area'. The population was 626 at the 2000 census.
Both the town and the township of Sidell were named after John Sidell, who came to the area from Ohio in 1861 and purchased 3,000 acres (12 km2) on the banks of the Little Vermilion River. As of 1888, the town of Sidell had three main industries (aside from farming): tile, brick, and ice.
Sidell is located at 39°54′40″N 87°49′14″W / 39.91111°N 87.82056°W / 39.91111; -87.82056 (39.911202, -87.820516).