Anna Quarries, Inc is one of the oldest continuous businesses in Southern Illinois. It was established in 1855 and has undergone many owner and name changes. The quarry has always been an important part of Anna's community, contributing to the economy of the area ( Bicknell 34 ). The limestone is a very high quality and meets state quality specifications. Anna Quarries, Inc is able to extract material from several benches allowing us a great deal of flexibility for various quality requirements.In 1855, E.H. Finch settled in Anna and joined into partnership with his friend Cyrus Schick, who owned Ullin Quarry. Together, they began digging stone at the north end of the present quarry, an area now taken over by mosses and brush. Along with the quarry, Finch and Schick acquired 160 acres of land and opened a dairy farm on the property ( Bicknell 35 ).