Redeemer Presbyterian Church was originally known as the First Presbyterian Church of Pottstown. It was organized on February 7, 1896. The church became part of Presbyterian Church in America on May 21, 1989. We are a member church of the Presbytery of Northern Illinois ( PCA ). The church changed its name to Redeemer Presbyterian Church, on June 9, 2002. We moved into our new building, on the new land, on August 18, 2002.