Garrett is a city in Keyser Township, DeKalb County, Indiana, United States. The population was 6,286 at the 2010 census. Founded in 1875, Garrett was named for John W. Garrett (1820–1884), president of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad from 1858 to 1884.
Garrett is located at 41°20′52″N 85°8′1″W / 41.34778°N 85.13361°W / 41.34778; -85.13361 (41.347903, -85.133700).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 3.1 square miles (8.1 km²), all of it land.