New Market, IN
New Market is a town in Montgomery County, Indiana, United States, which was platted in 1872. The population was 659 as of the 2000 census.
The town of New Market was platted in 1872 by Joseph White Sr.,Carson Wray Sr., Joseph Kelsey and William K. White, during the construction of the S.C.L&W. railway through the area. The construction of the line was to serve the cities of Frankfort, Crawfordsville and Terre Haute. In southern Montgomery County it passed through the communities of New Market, Waveland, Brownsvalley and Crawfordsville and Lake Hoilday. The line was later sold to the Pennsylvania Railroad and abandoned in the 1970s.
New Market is located at 39°57′7″N 86°55′15″W / 39.95194°N 86.92083°W / 39.95194; -86.92083 (39.951943, -86.920766).