Palmyra is a town in Morgan Township, Harrison County, Indiana, United States. The population was 930 at the 2010 census.
The Confederate Army led by Brigadier General John Hunt Morgan camped in Palmyra on the night of July 9, 1863 after the Battle of Corydon. The army took ransoms from the businesses and commandeered all the towns horses for the Confederate cavalry. The army left the town on the morning of July 10, 1863 and riding north towards Salem. The town had two previous names: McClellan's Crossroad and Carthage.
Palmyra is located at 38°24′27″N 86°6′38″W / 38.4075°N 86.11056°W / 38.4075; -86.11056 (38.407458, -86.110636).