Pittsboro is a town in Middle Township, Hendricks County, Indiana, United States. The population was 2,928 at the 2010 Census.
The town of Pittsboro was founded on December 9, 1834, by Simon T. Hadley and Wiliam L. Matlock. The town was named "Pittsborough" in honor of Hadley's home in North Carolina. The spelling was later changed to "Pittsboro".
On April 6, 1906 an election was held for incorporation of the town. The result of the election was 83 favorable and 38 opposed. After incorporation came many infrastructure improvements and new services. Sidewalks were laid, street lights installed, and water service begun.