A Brief History Indiana Naval Stores Co was incorporated in 1920. It was originally formed and owned by a number of paint companies in Indianapolis and operated as a buying cartel of "naval stores", which were raw materials derived from the pine tree and used by those firms in paint production. Today, naval stores are rarely used and the term is virtually unheard of. The company continues, however, functioning as a regional stocking distributor for a number of manufacturers of containers and raw materials. Markets Served We serve customers primarily in Indiana and surrounding states that produce coatings, adhesives, industrial maintenance chemicals, ink, wire, cable, and a myriad of composite products. The INSCO Difference We are a market driver dedicated to providing quality products with the best possible service at competitive pricing. Indiana Naval Stores Co pledges to meet our customers' needs and expectation today while anticipating their future requirements. The employees of Indiana Naval Stores Co are committed to provide defect free products and services. We are dedicated to continuous improvement and view zero defects as the only acceptable quality level for our customers. In order to achieve our quality goals, we are committed to a management system that conforms to ISO 9001: 2000 standards.