St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church is a congregation of over a thousand baptized Christians who gather in central Topeka to hear God's Word proclaimed, to commune with Him in His Holy Supper, and to worship Him as Creator, Lord, and Savior. Filled with Christ and His Spirit through these His gifts we share God's love with others in our immediate neighborhood as well as in our individual callings. St. John's is a congregation of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, an association of over 6, 000 congregations located throughout the United States. We confess the Christian faith as revealed in God's Word ( the Holy Bible ) and in accordance with the Confessions of the Evangelical Lutheran Church as contained in the Book of Concord of 1580. In our preaching and teaching we strive for a faithful and engaging proclamation of God's Word that is neither shallow nor beholden to cultural whims, but rather speaks faithfully and clearly the word and will of God to the world in which we live. Our goal is to excel in this ministry of God's Word to all ages, from the cradle to the grave. As Lutherans our worship is in keeping with the traditions of the one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We cherish beauty in music and art and strive to employ these gifts of God's creation in worship. Established in 1874, we are the mother church of all LCMS churches in Topeka. Since 1938 we have worshipped in the beautiful limestone building located on the corner of 9th and Fillmore, just one block west of Topeka High School. Since founding our own Lutheran parochial school in the first year of our existence, St. John's has been continuously committed to quality Lutheran education. Since 1952 we have been one of the founding members of Topeka Lutheran School Association.