In 1908, the company was incorporated as the W. H. Neill Co and continued to operate under that name until 1916, when the name was officially changed to Neill-LaVielle Supply Co by amendment to the corporate charter. In 1942, Neill-LaVielle entered the bearing and power transmission market by establishing Bearings Incorporated which operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Neill-LaVielle. A few years later in 1945 the company once again entered into a new market by opening a steel warehouse which is known today as Neill-LaVielle Steel. Neill-LaVielle continued to grow at its original location by acquiring additional buildings along Main Street. However, as a distributor of mill supplies, steel and bearings it became increasingly more difficult to operate from a series of five story buildings. Therefore, in 1955, the company decided to move from its original location to the southern part of the city into a new facility on South Brook Street. As the company continued to grow, our first branch location opened in Bowling Green, KY in 1967 to service the western portion of the state. Following that success we opened another branch location in Lexington, KY in 1973 to support the eastern Kentucky market. In 1974, the company chose to move from South Brook Street to our current location on South Floyd Street in support of The University of Louisville's expansion needs. In 1999, Bearings Incorporated adopted the new name of Bearings of Kentucky. Today, Neill-LaVielle's corporate headquarters remain on South Floyd Street along with Bearings of Kentucky. Neill-LaVielle Steel operates from a separate location on Jennings Lane and we continue to have branch locations in Bowling Green and Lexington.