Since purchasing controlling interest in Paducah Bank in 1984, Paducah Bank Shares has been the financial institution s holding company. In 1991, Paducah Bank Shares s board of directors created a stock plan to give the Paducah Bank s employees an ownership position in the bank. Paducah Bank s history dates back more than 55 years. In 1948, the bank opened for business with assets totaling $100,000. The official name of the bank was changed to The Paducah Bank and Trust Company in 1968, reflecting the decision to offer trust services to customers. Paducah Bank offers various banking solutions that fit individual needs, including an array of personal, business and loan services, encompassing certificates of deposit, individual retirement accounts, mortgage rates, savings and checking accounts and investment accounts. Paducah Bank maintains five branches throughout Kentucky. Paducah Bank Shares head office is located in Paducah, Ky.