Marquette is a city located in the northwest corner of McPherson County, Kansas, United States, between K-4 and the Smoky Hill River. The city was settled by Swedish immigrants and chartered on February 9, 1874. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 641.
The downtown has a block of late 19th century stores that have been restored and repainted to their original colors. They are part of the Washington Street Historic District, a state historic site.
Nearby is the Hanson-Lindfors home, a sixteen-room Victorian style house built in 1888. It is named after Hans Hanson, one of the city founders, and has been restored to its original appearance and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Located in the backyard of the home is Hanson's original 1871 wood frame cabin, where the city charter was signed.