Greenwood is a town in southern Caddo Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 2,458 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Shreveport-Bossier City Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Greenwood was established in 1839. During the Battle of Mansfield in April 1864, Confederate wounded were treated at the Dunn House, now used as the headquarters of the local chamber of commerce. Several other historic houses in Greenwood, including the Trosper House, have been added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Caddo Parish Sheriff J. Howell Flournoy, who served a record twenty-six years in office from 1940–1966, was born in Greenwood in 1891.